Last updated 2018-05-24
Our online store is privately hosted and managed using the ‘Woocommerce‘ extension through the Content Management System (CMS) ‘WordPress‘. They provide us with the online e-commerce web platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Databases used by the CMS may store your data. Please see section 5, 6 and 7 for more information on what data is collected and how it is used when using or creating an account with our CMS (herein “WordPress Account”).
We only collect, use, store and transfer (“process”) your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, including but not limited to the (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) (“GDPR”) and applicable national data protection legislation (hereafter “applicable law”).
Depending on whether you are a website visitor, customer and/or a user of our Services, we will process personal information such as your contact details (email address, telephone number and postal address), your username, password(s) and payment details. We will also collect and use information about your technical equipment such as your hardware and software type and location data, and other information you provide us with, for example when you sign up for our surveys and contests. For more information about the personal information we collect, use and otherwise process, please see section 6 below.
We will use your personal information for different purposes. We will for example use the data to provide you with the Service you have requested, to improve our products and other Services, to predict user trends, to make recommendations based on your usage, to process payments and customize our Services to you. For more information about how we use your data, please see section 7 below.
We will engage other companies in order to fulfil our purposes and obligations as set out in this policy, and we will transfer your personal information to countries outside the EU and EEA that may not have as strict privacy legislation as where you live. We will only transfer your personal information to such countries if we are allowed to do so, please see section 8 for more information. When we collect personal information about you, you are entitled to the following rights under applicable law:
- the right to access and rectify your personal information;
- the right to object to our processing of personal information;
- the right to restrict to our processing of personal information;
- the right to demand us to delete your personal information; and
- the right to data portability.
For more information about the rights you have in relation to your personal information, please see sections 14-20 below. If you have any concerns as to how we use your personal information, we would kindly ask you to contact us first. However, you can always lodge a complaint with a relevant authority, specifically where you live, work or where you believe an infringement of you rights has occurred.
If you have any questions about the personal information we collect, how we use your data and how we transfer your data to fulfil our purposes as stated herein, please contact us at: email@example.com or at: https://victorianfireplacestore.co.uk/contact-victorian-fireplace-store/
Below follows a more detailed description of how we use personal information.
- Who we are
- What we promise
- What is personal information?
- Reasons for processing of your data
- When do we collect your data?
- What data do we collect?
- How do we use your data?
- Who do we share your information with?
- Can children use our services?
- Security measures to protect your data
- If you choose not to share your data with us
- How long will we keep your data?
- Accessing, changing and updating your data
- Right to object to the processing of your data
- Right to erasure
- Right to restriction
- How to get a copy of your data or receive a copy of your data
- How to enforce your rights
- How to withdraw your consent or close down your Account
- How to contact us and how to complain
- Other useful information
1. WHO WE ARE
We are Strippadoor Limited (“Strippadoor”, “we” or “us”). This Policy applies to websites operated by us and any other of our affiliates, including on http://www.strippadoor.co.uk, https://periodhomestyle.co.uk and https://victorianfireplacestore.co.uk. This Policy also applies to your use of our services such as when you purchase products through our WordPress Woocommerce Store.
We are the controller of the personal information collected. If you have any questions or want to know more about how we use your personal information, please contact us as stated in the beginning of this Policy.
2. WHAT WE PROMISE
We promise to keep your data safe and to not to sell your data to third parties. We promise to give you the right to access and delete your data, and to provide you with ways to manage and review your marketing choices as well as any other information (such as for example newsletters) you get from us. Please see sections 14 – 22 for more information.
3. WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information can be any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. In other words, it can be any information that could allow us to identify you both directly and indirectly (like for example your name, email address, IP address, or your billing address). In this Policy, we will use the word “data” to refer to personal information.
4. REASONS FOR PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA
We will only use and process data about you if we have one of the following reason to do so:
- to fulfil a contract we have with you (for example, when you have purchased a product from our Store);
- when it is our legal duty (for example, to identify your age and make sure we are not collecting data from young children, for book keeping purposes and to fulfil our obligations in relation to authorities);
- when you consent to it (for example, when subscribing to our newsletter or opening a WordPress Account); or
- when it is in our legitimate interest (for example, to enforce our policies, manage our everyday business, to use in an anonymized and aggregated way in order to perform statistical analysis, for direct marketing purposes, to ensure information security, to prevent fraud or to transfer the data to different part of the organisation when necessary). When we rely on a legitimate interest we have concluded that our interest is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. You are welcome to contact us to learn more about how we have reached this conclusion.
5. WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We will collect data about you when you use our Services, including in the following situations:
- When you register a WordPress Account
- When you subscribe to our newsletters
- When you purchase one of our products
- When you contact us or our support services, via emails or letters
- When you use our websites or apps
- In customer surveys
- If you participate in research initiatives
- If you take part in our competitions or promotions
- When you enrol in, or participate in, one of our events
- you log in to our Services using third party account
- When you work for Strippadoor. In such case, please contact our Human Resources department separately for more information.
6. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We use data that you have explicitly provided to us in different situations. We also use personal information that is generated by your device or when you use our Services. These categories are further explained below. Data that you explicitly provide us with:
- email address
- country of residence
- age or date of birth
- password(s) created to access parts of the Services
The above information may be provided to us when you open a WordPress Account, or when you subscribe to our newsletters. In addition to the above, and when purchasing a product or enrolling in an event, you may have to provide us with the following data:
- physical address
- telephone number
- Payment and transaction data
- Location data
- card information payment account details
- PayPal account information
- Pay With Amazon account information
- name and contact information for a business or organization
Finally, any other data you actively provide us with when:
- you contact or seek help from Strippadoor
- you fill in our surveys
- you enter a contest. If you win, we might need additional information about you depending on the specific contest. We will, however, only collect such information with your consent
- you apply for a job at Strippadoor and provide information relevant to the application.
Data we collect when you use our Services:
- Profile and usage data. This includes the profile you create to identify yourself when you connect to our Services and internet protocol (IP) address and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. It also includes other data about how you use our Services. We gather this data from devices you use to connect to those Services, such as computers and mobile phones, using cookies and other internet tracking software.
- Preferred language
- Information about your device, hardware and software
- Referral pages and page exit time
We will always ask for your consent to give us details on your location data. You have a right to withdraw your consent at any time as described under section 20 below.
Data from third parties we work with: We may receive data about you from third parties or partners, like for example Facebook. When you link your WordPress Account with a social media account we may collect Personal Information about you from such account.
We may also receive information from third parties to add to the information we receive from you. This is used to help us deliver relevant advertising to you, to prevent fraud and/or abuse, and to collect your geolocation for taxation purposes.
7. HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
We use the information we collect from you and from your use of our Services, to provide, maintain, protect and improve the Services and to develop new ones. Unless you have told us not to (opt out), we also use the information to offer you tailored content, like giving you more relevant ads and inform you about new products that you might be interested in. We will not use your data for any other purpose than the purpose for which the data is originally collected.
- To operate our business and to enhance your shopping experience, we use your information in the following ways:
- To operate, improve, develop and provide you with our products, apps and Services
- To provide you with recommendations and product offers that you may like
- To respond to inquiries or comments from you
- To verify your identity in order to prevent unauthorized access
- To understand trends in usage
- To calculate marketing conversion rates and other elements of advertising performance
- To customize your user experience
- To maintain the integrity and security of the Services
- To process transactions and communicate with you regarding these transactions
- To maintain or administer your WordPress Account, including contacting you in order to update your WordPress Account details if necessary
- To create reports, analyses or similar for the purpose of research and business intelligence and be able to track potential problems, behaviour and trends
- To enforce our terms and conditions and this Policy
- To send you newsletters and promotional notices and offers you have previously agreed to
- To keep our Services fair, investigate and prevent fraud and illegal behaviour
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Special information about marketing: We use your data to inform you about relevant products and offers, e.g. provide you with targeted marketing. The data we collect in such cases contain information that you wilfully provide us with, the data we collect when you use our Services or from third parties we work with. We analyse this data to form a view on what we think you might want or need or what may be of interest to you. You can at any time object to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, including any profiling for such purposes, and we will then stop using your personal information for such purposes.
8. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
To be able to provide you with the Services and the best possible experience, we will share your data with other companies and organisations. We will only do so if our partners can provide the same level of security to keep your data safe as implemented by us and if our partners can ensure that they comply with applicable laws and privacy regulations. We may share your information with the following partners:
- Market Research Agencies
- Payment providers (for example, Amazon, PayPal and Payzone)
- Companies and external consultants that help support our platform and services (for example, Facebook and Google)
- Advertising partners and attribution platforms to help us understand the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns (for example, Google and Facebook)
We may release your data when we are required to by a court order, according to law or in the event of a bankruptcy or other similar unfortunate event.
We may also share and may acquire your data with future subsidiaries or companies if we choose to sell, transfer or merge parts of our business. We will, however, only transfer the data if we must and if these companies comply with applicable privacy regulations and can guarantee that your data will be kept safe.
9. CAN CHILDREN USE OUR SERVICES?
Our Services are not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age. We strongly recommend parents or guardians to instruct their children to not disclose any data when online. Parents or guardians who are concerned about the transfer of data are welcome to contact us. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected data from a child, we will promptly delete it, unless we are legally obligated to retain such data.
Strippadoor Limited will use the following cookies on our websites, for the following purposes:
a) Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function. They are usually set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the website might then not work. These cookies do not store any Personal Information;
b) Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources in order to measure and improve the performance of the website. These cookies help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and how visitors move around the website. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, as explained hereunder. If you do so, we will not know when you have visited our website, and will not be able to monitor its performance;
c) Functionality Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services have been added to the website. If you do not allow these cookies, some or all of these services may not function properly;
Please note that most web browser applications (such as Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome) have features that can notify you when you receive a cookie or prevent cookies from being sent. In Microsoft Edge, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”. In Google Chrome, you can also adjust your cookies by clicking on “Settings”, “Show advanced settings”, “Content settings” and on the “Privacy” section.
If you disable cookies, however, you may not be able to use certain personalized functions of the website.
If you leave a comment or review on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have a WordPress Account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
11. SECURITY MEASURES TO PROTECT YOUR DATA
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help guard your data in compliance with applicable privacy regulations. If transactions are offered on the Services, transaction information is transmitted to and from the Service in encrypted form using industry-standard Transport Layer Security (TLS used to be known as SSL) connections to help protect such information from interception. We strictly restrict authorized access to your data only to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to access it. We also have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the data we process.
We encourage you to be careful when sharing your data with other users when you use our Services. Strippadoor will NEVER ask for your password to be sent separately or in clear text. Anyone doing so is probably trying to steal your stuff.
12. IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO SHARE YOUR DATA WITH US
We may need to collect data to be able to fulfil our legal obligations or fulfil the terms of a contract we have with you or to be able to even present you with the Services. If you choose not to give us this data, it may prevent us from meeting our obligations. It may also mean that we cannot perform the Services needed to run your WordPress Accounts or policies. It may also mean that we have to cancel a product or Service you have with us. Any data collection that is optional will be clearly indicated as such at the point of collection.
13. HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will keep your information for as long as you are a customer of Strippadoor. We may keep your information for longer for research or statistical purposes. If we do, we will make sure your information is anonymised and non-traceable to you as a person. We will also keep it for longer if we cannot delete it for legal or regulatory reasons.
We will however delete all data that is no longer necessary after a reasonable period. For example, any inactive WordPress Account will after a period of two (2) years be deleted unless they contained digital products you have purchased as we assume you would rather not have them deleted. We also retain pending orders for 2 weeks, failed orders for 6 months, cancelled orders for 4 years and completed orders for 4 years.
We will also delete data upon request. For more information, please read section 18 of this Policy “HOW TO GET A COPY OF YOUR DATA”.
14. ACCESSING, CHANGING AND UPDATING YOUR DATA
When you use our Services, we strive to provide you with ways to quickly update or delete data that you have actively provided. You have the right to access the data relating to you. This includes the right to be informed whether or not data about you is being processed, what data about you is being processed, and the purpose of the processing. You also have a right, upon your request, to access information about any evaluation or assessment of the balancing test we are required to conduct when we process your data based on our legitimate interest. Furthermore, you have the right to rectify or add data if the personal information is inaccurate or incomplete. As soon as we become aware of any inaccurate personal information being processed, we will always rectify your data without undue delay and notify you accordingly. If you have created a WordPress Account, you can access, change and delete some of the data provided on your profile by logging in to your WordPress Account at: https://victorianfireplacestore.co.uk/my-account/
15. RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA
You are also entitled to object to the processing of your data on grounds related to your particular situation. Please note however, that we must still process some personal information about you to provide the Services to you. This means that you cannot object to all our use of personal information and still require us to provide Services to you.
You may unsubscribe to newsletters you have previously opted-in to, by following the instructions in the newsletter you receive (please see further information below).
16. RIGHT TO ERASURE
You are entitled to request that we erase data related to you which you can do at: https://victorianfireplacestore.co.uk/data-requests/. We will erase your data upon request provided that it is no longer necessary for the purpose (for example you cannot require all personal information about you to be erased and still receive Services from us) or we have a legal obligation to store personal information.
17. RIGHT TO RESTRICTION
You are entitled to require us to restrict our processing of your personal information if you contest the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you do still not want us to erase the data, if the data is no longer needed to fulfil the purpose it was collected for or you have informed us that you do not consider us to have a legitimate interest for certain processing.
18. HOW TO GET A COPY OF YOUR DATA OR RECEIVE A COPY OF YOUR DATA
You can access a copy of your data by sending us a request at: https://victorianfireplacestore.co.uk/data-requests/. If you request access to personal information about you that you yourself have provided and (i) if the personal information is being processed automatically and (ii) in accordance with a contract between you and Strippadoor or based on your consent, you may request that the data is provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may also request that the personal information is transmitted to another controller, if this is technically feasible.
19. HOW TO ENFORCE YOUR RIGHTS
You can contact us to get a list of all the data we have collected from you or to get such data deleted or invoke your other rights as explained above. We will do our bests to answer your request in a timely manner but please note that it may take a couple of days. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Please note that if we cannot identify and guarantee who you are, we might ask you to provide us with additional information or log into your WordPress Account if possible. Please note that we will not delete any data if we are unable to verify that you are their rightful owner. We will however always use our best effort to help you out.
20. HOW TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT OR CLOSE DOWN YOUR ACCOUNT
You can log into your WordPress Account at any time if you want to remove it. However, we will no longer be able to provide you with certain products or Services if you do so and your experience will be impacted.
You can unsubscribe to newsletters at any times by following the instructions in the newsletter you receive. Our newsletters contain mechanisms which allow you to opt-out from receiving further newsletters from us.
This Policy may change from time to time. Any changes to this Policy will be posted on this page and if the changes are significant, we will provide you with a more noticeable notice, like for example by email. If you are asked to accept material changes to this Policy and decline to do so, you might not be able to continue using the Services with all functionality preserved.
22. HOW TO CONTACT US AND HOW TO COMPLAIN
Please let us know if you are not happy with the way we use and process your data by contacting us at: https://victorianfireplacestore.co.uk/contact-victorian-fireplace-store/
We will also appreciate to get feedback from you if you think that this Policy or any part of it is unclear. Our address is: STRIPPADOOR LIMITED, Unit 8, Victoria Works, Hempshaw Lane, Stockport, Cheshire, SK1 4LG, United Kingdom.
You always have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant authority in particular where you live, work or where an alleged infringement of the GDPR has occurred.
23. OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION
Information about privacy rights for EU residents can be found on: https://www.eugdpr.org/